4/30/2007

The Saddest Day of my Life

Yesterday was the saddest day of my life, a dear friend's (Karyn Brophy) son lost his life in Iraq. His name is Brian Botello and he is a hero, he liked the military and had just reenlisted for 5 years. He will be greatly missed by everyone who knew him from Iowa to Illinois to Arkansas to Nebraska and so many more.

Brian's sacrifice was not in vain, he believed in what he was doing and he died doing what he believed in. There are some who would have us simply remove our troops from the area. I am not one of those people and I don't believe Brian was either. What is the answer; I don't know, but I do believe we need to continue aggressively pursuing those who would come here and kill us without a second thought.

For everyone out there who thinks tolerance is the answer, read the Koran. Those who live by it do not voice tolerance. Christians are taught to turn the other cheek and I do consider myself a Christian. However, Jesus is not a mild timid God, He drove the money changers out of the temple and He will come back as a lion not a lamb.

If we fail in the Middle East the next place troops will deploy will be here in America. I do not like war, most of all I don't want soldiers and their families to suffer but we have a mission to accomplish. We have troops there who are depending on us as Americans to do the right thing - tolerance of and closing our eyes to those who would kill every American alive, I don't call that doing the right thing, I call that COWARDICE!

No comments: