6/29/2007

Alta Iowa 4-Plex Remodel Update

Demo is nearly all done upstairs, what's left: 1 bathroom (including a large cast iron tub - enjoy a little hammer time :), removal of plaster, and removal of cabinets we plan to keep (for the shop).
Thanks to our son Nick, we have all the scrap wood out of the 2 upstairs apartments. What a help - saved Ronnie and me 4-5 hours hauling it down the stairs. And I got to spend some quality time with one of my most favorite people. I have 4 most favorite people: Sons Nick and Brian, daughter-in-law Kacey and my husband Ronnie. Oh, I forgot Spike - he thinks he is a person, actually royalty.

Check back for pictures of the complete demo next week. The exciting part begins soon - I get to design the kitchens, I love that part. It is very easy, get exact measurements, go to Lowe's or Menard's and give them to the kitchen design assistant. They will enter them into a CAD program and show you several ways to lay out the kitchen and even print you a picture of what it will look like completed. It really looks better then the picture when finished.
Happy 4th of July to everyone, I hope to see you at the Star Spangled Spectacular.

Please remember our veterans and their families. There are a lot of hurting people out there, do what you can for any of them God sends across your path. May God Bless You with Safety especially if you are traveling.

No comments: